Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Glory of Success

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you." 
-- Anonymous


What is success, seriously?  Success is achieving a goal that you've been working on.  It's getting it right, after many times of getting it wrong.  It's a journey, not a destination.

I'll share a little personal story.  Over the last year and a half, I have been working on getting a new job.  I had been in my current position for 10 years, and it was time for me to move on.  I had applied for many jobs, had many interviews, but nothing seemed to "fit" right with me.  I was starting to get discouraged, but I persisted.  My family and friends encouraged me to keep going, providing me with lots of support. 
I was on the roller coaster of life, lots of ups and downs.  They were there every step of the way. Finally, it all paid off.  I have found a new job, and I consider this a success.  My "Career Shift" success.

The moral of this story is that it takes a lot of hard work, persistence, and focussing on your goals to get to where you want to be.  The journey of success continues, and it often pays off to do your very best.  Being grateful for your accomplishments and realized goals keeps you on the track of continued success.  This is a glorious feeling and it is important to celebrate these times in our lives.

I hope you feel successful in your life, and if you are working on new goals and accomplishments, I wish that all the support and encouragement you need comes your way to help you keep focussed and positive.

Sincerely,

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: