Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lovely Lavender


My usual weekend routine includes doing four or five loads of laundry.  I use fabric softener sheets in the dryer to help reduce static cling.  I like the ones that are lightly fragranced.  Sometimes I have to cut the sheets, as one sheet is sometimes too strong.  I know there are a lot of problems out there for people who have allergies and sensitivities to perfumes and fragrances, so I try to be mindful of that when I purchase household products.

My husband and I were checking out new and different fragrances for dryer sheets, and let me tell you - there are many!  We found one that was quite nice.  We found a relaxing aromatherapy lavender scent that seemed to be not too overpowering, and quite pleasant.  This is a President's Choice brand, and we had never tried it before.  The back of the box states, "These dryer sheets add a soothing and relaxing fragrance of lavender, vanilla, sandalwood and patchouli to your laundry".  I have used these dryer sheets and they work well and make your clothes and towels smell really good.

Simple pleasures can be added to your everyday routines.  A little change can make a big difference.  The calming scent of lavender is said to have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, aiding in relaxation.  I am feeling more relaxed already!

Have a great, relaxing day.

~ Angela Gentile

No comments: